November 2, 2012

Kitchen!

The kitchen is definitely one of my favorite rooms offering serenity amidst chaos! There is almost always a batch of something on the go in mine.  This week has been Halloween goodies, sauerkraut and pureeing pumpkins.  The majority of my time is spent here so you can imagine how much thought I have put into my "dream" kitchen.  Will it have everything I have ever wished for?  Absolutely not!  Of course there is a budget and of course there are size restraints.  I have talked myself out of certain "wants" but along the way discovered some very innovative products and ideas.  Check out full surface induction cook top!  So very cool!
 
It is a modest sized kitchen that has been designed, changed and tweaked numerous times over the past four years.  Function and storage while staying true to the budget was always the focus. In an effort to reduce future counter top clutter I have even gone so far as taking inventory and deciding where everything will live in the new kitchen. 
 
My absolute favorite features include fantastic small appliance cabinets, a compartmentalized corner drawer (bye bye Pampered Chef spinning kitchen tool death trap!)  and a beverage centre separate from the kitchen.
 
The layout is essentially complete and my energy has shifted to sourcing the back splash, counter tops, sinks, etc.  Interior designer I am not but I do have a clear vision of what I want the end product to look like. 

A future post will have some pictures and also give credit to a very patient and knowledgeable kitchen designer. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment